Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bath Bombs without citric acid OR cream of tartar - Check it out!

It all started when I went to my friend's house last night: we were listening to music on the computer in her room and saw an old spa science kit that she had and decided to try it out! We did all sorts of fun things like salt scrubs and perfumes and we also did homemade bath bombs. I thought that it was so fun that I wanted to do it again today. Of course, my house doesn't have anything like citric acid, let alone 2 tablespoons of it so I looked at other peoples recipes but they all had something called cream of tartar which I don't have (and why would I). I was kinda bummed out but I thought that I could try to make my own recipe, and I want you to try it too!

Ingredients:

2/3 of a cup of baking soda
1/8 of a teaspoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of water
2 teaspoons of color and scent (I can't believe I am saying this but since I just used ordinary ingredients, I used... cherry snow cone syrup!!! :)

Just mix it all together in a mixing bowl with a whisk and clump it into 5-6 little bath bombs! Make sure to let dry for at least 2-3 hours before use because they are delicate.

I hope you like the recipe considering the boys aren't here keeping me busy. Please comment below on how your bath bombs came out (BTW they are not supposed to fizz but you can add 2 tablespoons of citric acid for a luxurious bath fizzer.)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also excited because I JUST found out that I now have an audience from Turkey of all places!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this was soo much fun to make. And i had everything at home. It was the perfect consistency and molded super easily. I ended up making mine royal blue with gold glitter. Thank you sooo much for this recipe. It turned out perfectly for me. Just as a 411 for anyone else that's making it, the color STAINS. So I would suggest you put wax paper or any covering over the counter you're using when molding. Also if you have them, use gloves. Don't worry if you don't though, because the color will come off pretty quickly on your hands. Also, I used a mold and had more then enough to make a regular sized bomb. I used a mold that's originally made to create ornaments for Christmas trees (you can find them at craft stores) that worked just fine. Lastly, instead of waiting 2-3 hours before use, put it in the freezer for an hour. It has the same affect, just less time. But props to the maker because it was awesome. I screen shot the recipe because i will most definitely be making this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun making these! Would have never used this recipe if I had citric acid! I ended up making purple and pink ones and I decided I will use them as a birthday present! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I use body wash for the scent part?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a simple and easy recipe. I am definitely going to make this. I love to use home made beauty products. Recently, I have made Himalayan salt scrub which is very good. This salt is very good for the skin. you can visit http://www.ittefaq.co/ to know more about this salt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I'm also describe about to make bath bombs without citric acid at home with easy some simple steps.

    ReplyDelete